Wednesday, May 21, 2014

HEALING IN THE SCRIPTURES

By Angeline M Duran Santiago



Type 1 Diabetes has it's good days and it's bad days. Some days it seems as if it doesn't even exist. The blood sugar levels are great! Nothing makes the numbers go high. No matter what, at least once in a while, the insulin pump behaves and for a moment in time, a blink of the eyes, T1D seems very, very far away.

Sometimes, though, or should I say, most of the time, it's so real that everything around you lets you know it is present. Everything seems to go wrong. No matter what you believe you're doing correctly to help your child, he doesn't seem to feel better, and the sugar goes up to the sky for no reason at all. Now, I know doctors say things like, "Well, you know, he's a kid, he's going to sneak in a snack and not tell you." or, "Well, we all know our kids lie so maybe he eats and doesn't really cover himself." 


So, if that's true, then what about the moments, which is almost "always" that we are personally there with him, monitoring consistently and even placing the numbers into his insulin pump ourselves. What reason or excuse do doctors have then? I didn't think so. 
Thus, my search in scripture is changing how I view my time in prayer. I seek passages where healing took place and I am personalizing them and making them Jacob's personal bag of hope. There are only two things that can happen here. Healing or no healing. Either way, God is in control.


I think that's the hardest part. Believing he's in control when chaos seems to be leading the way in my son's body. So, today I want to see beyond the condition, and focus on what God's Word shares about healing.

Jesus heals a man with leprosy

Jesus heals a man waiting by the poolside

Jesus heals a woman with an issue of non-stop bleeding

Jesus heals by just speaking the word, not being present


If God has done it in the past, then I can believe He will do it again. As I care for my child, I will continue to read and search the scriptures as I ask the Lord to do the work in me, in my heart, that will change how I pray, how I believe, and how I wait on the Lord. God, you've shown your power and glory so many times before. What's one more time to you?

Lord, we wait on you....



#HEALING #Jesusheals #diabetes #diabetic #t1n #juvenilediabetes #insulinpump #hope #faith #prayer #healing #prayeroffaith #prayforhealing #God #promisesofGod

No comments:

Post a Comment