Monday, February 3, 2014

BELIEVE


By Angeline M Duran Santiago

I shared a while back how someone, unknown, shared with me that I should give my son Okra. In his country and culture, he shared, (Hindi, Lady Fingers) known to me as Okra, is used to bring down and control blood sugars. He said, people don't have money to buy medicine so they have to try natural remedies and this one will work. He also said, Pray to your God. Have faith in His Word and Pray because He can heal your son. I smiled and continued to enjoy my learning experience with this turban covered head man who all of a sudden was telling me he knew the God I served could heal.


Believe. The whole conversation was based on believing that natural cures can make a difference when we use our faith as well. What do I have to lose? I put it all aside in the back of my mind for a while until my sister in law posted something about Okra and all of a sudden, the man's face and the words, "Believe" came back to me.

This week, I decided to go all out and begin my journey on trying these natural food remedies. I have been making Okra juice for a week now and although I was told to wait two to six weeks to see indications that it is working, I will share what has happened this week. Is it God? Is it the Okra? I don't know. All I know is that it looks like something is happening.


I can't tell you this works or that it will work. I'm looking at the research online as well as a book I've purchased and other articles I read during doctor's visits. All I can say is that we have to believe, have faith. The God that created heaven and Earth, created all that is in it for a purpose out of His love for His creation. Lord, may Your will be done as I believe, and wait on You.


Resources- My resources are not medical journals only articles shared with me.  I also know Suzy Cohen is not a doctor, but her book was very interesting. Sometimes we have to be willing to believe in the simplest things and this is my time to believe and walk by faith and see what happens. All I need is mustard seed faith, and who knows, if it works for my son,(and we'll know after checking A1c levels over time) then it just might work for you or your loved one as well.

BooK-Diabetes Without Drugs by Suzy Cohen

Internet Resources: 

  1. Wikipedia Okra
  2. Video on CBN about Suzy Cohen's book
  3. Natural Wonders for Diabetes Article
  4. TuDiabetis.org Person Sharing it works
  5. A New Use for Okra
  6. Okra Cures Diabetes
  7. Lady Fingers (Okra) Lowers Blood Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment