Wednesday, July 17, 2013

SLEEP OVER AT GRANDMA AND GRANDPA'S HOUSE



Today I am getting my preteen ready for his visit with his grandparents.

Most kids pack:

  • toys
  • video games/game consoles
  • books
  • clothes
  • personal accessories
As you already know, Jacob's packing preparation is more like:


  • toys
  • video games/game consoles
  • books
  • clothes
  • personal accessories
  • extra insulin bottle
  • insulin pen
  • pen needle points
  • extra quick sets
  • extra canulas
  • batteries
  • piece to inject quick set
  • extra lancets
  • blood glucose monitor to check sugar
  • Extra of everything in the supplies drawer

So, yes, it can be stressful to prepare your child who has different needs for a sleepover, but as a parent, we have to let go and trust that we have taught our children how to properly care for themselves when visiting family and friends. My son knows how to identify sugar lows and highs way before they affect him. He also lacks off at home because I'm there to watch over him, but when he is around other people, he is more aware of what he needs to be done. 

He wants to enjoy special time with those he loves.


Well, this is his test preparation for Football Camp coming up really soon. My heart rises to my throat and my stomach ties in rocky knots at the thought of him going without me. 

There's a part of me that wants to roll myself in a sleeping bag and throw myself in the Charter Bus baggage compartment. I want to be there for him. 
Truth is, I know God will take care of him. 
I trust in God's Sovereignty to guide Jacob and keep him from harm.

"Guess who's coming for dinner?"

Well, gotta go. Lots of packing to finish. Mom and Dad, be on the lookout. Your happy Jacob is on his way to keep you busy! And, don't worry Jakes, I'll take care of Fog.

#jacobduran #diabetes #type1diabetes #childwithdiabetes #diabetesmanagement

No comments:

Post a Comment