Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CAN YOU SHARE YOUR RECIPES WITH ME?


If I tell you I am not frustrated tonight, I'm not speaking truth. You see, I really am sort of at the height of frustration and I don't think there's anything higher than where  I find myself this week. 

Things have been slowly working out in my son's school. So, you know I'm not sharing about that. What is concerning and bugging me a great deal is the fact that my son's sugar levels just don't want to go down. I've gone from being told I'm doing a very poor job as a parent by my son's endocrinologist, to now, after two years of the same constant highs, to finally saying, "I think he's insulin resistant." No apologies, nothing. For the longest time, I've felt like miserable, trying all I could to help these high glucose levels change. The constant calls at work have made me stop working so that I can be there when they call from school.

Today, he returned to Novolog. He began on Novolog, then was placed on Apedra, which seemed to work well, but now it seems as if no matter how I cover him, I never did. There is zero change in my son's numbers. So, it's back to Novolog. I'm also giving him Cinnamon vitamins. I've been reading that it helps lower blood sugar. I don't know if it will work, but if it is working for at least one person, then I think trying won't hurt. I guess your feedback will let me know if this is a good thing or not. 

Can You Help Me Try Some New Meals?

Here's where I am looking forward to meeting those of you that take the time to read and respond to my journal. As a Puerto Rican, I was raised to learn to cook traditional meals that include rice, beans, meat, potatoes, spaghetti, and well, these are some of the norms in my home. This is what I am searching for. I am looking for new recipes, new meals, low carb dishes and deserts, (not the ones in books because I have a lot). 

But, real life meals that you, as a Type 1 Diabetic or the parent/caretaker of a Type 1 Diabetic prepare at home and you see normal or almost normal sugar levels. It doesn't have to be hispanic, latino, meals from the island like me. If it's working, then I want to learn from you and try something new. Can you help me with this one? Would you share your recipes with this NYC mom who desperately wants to see something less than 200 every day in my son's glucose monitor?




Think about it. My email is aduran1118@gmail.com.
I promise to try your meal plan/recipe. I will share my son's reaction and also how his sugar levels change through this process. I'm excited. Can you be part of my search for something new that will make a difference in my son and maybe someone else's life as well? I will start out with some I found on my own online, but I really want your recipes, my friends and family that are with me, daily on this journey of being there for our children and loved one. 

Thank you all so much! Hugs your way from my home to yours.

#sharerecipes #needdiabeticmealidea
#recipes #recipe #lowCarbMeal #highsugar #mealplan #diabetic #DiabeticChild #type1diabetes #t1d #insulin #novolog #apedra #pump #insulinpump #glucosemonitoring

No comments:

Post a Comment